Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Replying to a community post by email

How does one add the option to reply by email? And, anyone that has this enabled what are your thoughts on enabling this feature? Are there Pros or Cons that I should think about?

15 Replies 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Larry! So I am replying to this message via email and I want to include an image in my reply.
Text Above Image
[cid:image003.jpg@01D42275.043E8070]

Text Below Image

Highlighted

@LarryI  Hi, Larry!  So, is this the expected behavior for this feature?  If I copy and paste and image into my email message does it not come through to this discussion board.  If you reply to me again, I will test with an attaching an image.  Thank You!

Highlighted

Hi @Jaime_Lee,

Looking into this further, that is expected behavior.  The image that you have in your email would be considered an email attachment and that is not supported.  Here are other notes from our article on Reply by Email:

Notes

• Rich text formatting supported by the community can be entered and sent via Reply by Email.  If users do not have permission to use certain HTML tags in their posts, their post will not go through.
  • Reply by Email does not support email attachments.
  • Posts made using Reply by Email look just like normal community posts.
  • For security reasons, the Reply by Email link is active only for the first usage. 

In this case, if a user wanted to add an image, they'd have to go to the community to edit their post.

Larry Imgrund
Sr. Community Strategist
Khoros
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Just mentioning in addition: if you have the feature enable and a user replies by email also the preconfigured Email signature gets posted as it is included in the reply when a signature has been set up in Outlook etc.

Important to note to the users so they don't post by accident any credentials like phone numbers etc they usually shouldn't. 😉

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@KhodrT @LarryI

I have an Outlook signature and here on the Lithium Community my signature did not come through.

See my reply on this thread "Thank you for escalating."  What is the official Lithium documentation on this feature and whether or not the signature is of concern or if it is an intermittent concern.  Thank You!  JL

Highlighted

By default, the signature in Outlook is not included when you click “Reply” in the email.  You can likely change this in your Outlook settings to ensure a signature is added for every email. In this message, I included my signature above the line stated in the email response.  If the signature appears BELOW that line, it will not be present in the community post.

Larry Imgrund | Sr. Social Solutions Consultant

225 Bush St., 14th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94104

P: 209-834-6095

Lithium
Delivering an awesome digital
experience to every customer.

Larry Imgrund
Sr. Community Strategist
Khoros

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Lithium customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.