Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Searching for a user by email address

Quick question.  I don't see any way in the interface or the admin console to search for a user by email address.   Is there a way?    Thanks - KG

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kgroneman

As long as you have the permission to view a user's email address, you can search by email address instead of username on the users tab of the community search. 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted

Hi @kgroneman.

Use your community search option and select "users" from the dropdown Option. You can enter the Email Address there and find them as long as you're an admin in the Community.

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Illindra

Highlighted

Thanks. LOL!   I'm used to administering Telligent and vBulletin where everything "admin" is in one place.  I didn't think to look at the regular, public search box.   Thanks alot.  I'll have to get the user ID from that search and go to the admin console to act on the user.  One thing about LIthium, it's always a game of hide and seek to find where stuff hides and the different tools needed to do it. 🙂  

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.