Public
Not applicable

URL redirection

We are reorganising some discussion boards in our community and we will change the name and the URL. I would like to know if there is a feature in Lithium that allows to redirect URLs to avoid broken links - in case members have included links to the discussion boards in their posts.

2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor

You can use http.response.setRedirectUr("URL"). This only works from Page Initialization script, you can't use that with your normal components.

Regarding the discussion reorganization,  can you share what exactly you will update.

If just want to update the title, or move the discussion, 

by default lithium will redirect user to exact URL( new URL). 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq

Hi @Inactive User: As @TariqGrazitti mentioned Page Initialization is the best approach for it. Check this article for more information.

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Illindra

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.