Public
Retired Community Manager

What are you favorite apps/tools to stay organized and increase productivity?

One of the questions that popped up during our first #OnAirWithLithium with the Lithium Community team (watch it on demand to hear their answers ~0:44:05):

"What are your favorite apps/tools you use to stay organized or increase productivity?" 

Our community team had many to share, and I'm really curious to hear what yours are and why?

My organization actually goes through a couple of steps and tools - I'm not sure if it makes me more or less productive, but here's what it looks like 😉

• OneNote - love being able to draft notes tied to specific meetings on my calendar, categorizing them and being able to interlink notes to other pages. It's also where I keep my to-do list which I review several times a day .
  • Google Docs - editorial calendar, drafting & reviewing blog content, community plan overview - anything that requires live updates from different people & external resources, great for reviewing/approving suggested changes.
  • Confluence - internal documentation of all our guidelines, processes, finalized plans, programs & notes. Linking to JIRA projects and other resources.
  • JIRA - for project management, capturing internal requests, task assignments,  tracking progress to completion, calendar overview of all projects.

Thanks to @TreyWaddell for the great questions - and look forward to hearing how you all stay organized!

===============================
Julie Hamel - Global Community Manager

New to the community? Can't find where to post? Visit our guide to the new Lithium Community.
13 Replies 13
New Commentator

Awesome suggestions. Thanks guys.  I use a few of the same. 

Creative Hardware Software with iPad

Productivity Software 

• Voice to Text in every app where possible
  • 1Password
  • Google Docs

Sydney

Honored Contributor

I everyone, sorry to be late to the discussion - my tools:

1. Hootsuite to monitor, schedule, and engage on twitter
  2. OneNote to collaborate with collegues and set meeting agendas
  3. Outlook (to do what with whom when)
  4. Tweetchats - mini conferences to connect and trade best practices with industry thought leaders
  5. Lync - communication on the fly
  6. Google Analytics - how are my Social efforts performing
  7. Excel and PowerPoint - Scrub data and communicate my message

Cheers,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software
Honored Contributor

My criteria for selecting productivity tools:

• Best-in-class - Of course, it has to offer superior utility and functionality over other products in the same class
  • Cloud-backed - It is 2015. If your product doesn't include a way for me to sync information between devices and be backed-up to the cloud, you're dead to me
  • Secure - 2-factor authentication, encryption, and additional security features are required
  • Quality Apps - Access to my data via full-featured applications across all of my devices. If I can't get to it and manipulate it with my iPhone, it doesn't exist

A few examples of tools that fit the bill for me are:

• 1Password
  • Dropbox
Honored Contributor

Brian,

You are right on the money with this one:

"Secure - 2-factor authentication, encryption, and additional security features are required"

Best,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.