Public
Valued Contributor

What is best practice for deleting new drafts of previously added articles?

Hello!

Is there a best practice route around deleting/discarding drafts from the knowledgebase article dashboards if we don't want to proceed with them? I can see Delete Topic is available but that deletes the entire original topic and we just want to discard the draft?

3 Replies 3
Content Coordinator

Hey @sarajaynerow 

My temporary work around for this is to manually revert the draft edit to the previous version. 

I check what updates were made by on the draft dashboard, hit view history, then compare the previous versions edits. Then I just edit the draft and post. 

Not the best workaround. But I do believe a fix is in the works. If I hear more, I'll let you know here!

I just had that issue myself and unknowingly deleted a blog. 

Khoros Staff

@sarajaynerow @CoryD currently the behavior is it removes the entire article. It has been that way since the beginning, we do have an item in backlog to be able to discard drafts alone and not remove the article.

I will update once we have a concrete timeline. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you both for replying. Great workaround @CoryD I'll give that a go and @SohilM , very excited to hear more once you have your timeline in place! 

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.