Public
Honored Contributor

getting started checklist for design

Anyone have any sort of "getting started" checklist of what needs to be defined when you're first launching a community? Something that can be shared with a web designer who hasn't worked on Khoros before, so they can understand what elements are involved, etc.?

Becky Scott

JumpCloud Sr Manager, Technical Community

1 Reply 1
Honored Contributor

Hey,

you looking for wireframes? I’ve done a few redesigned nows on khoros as they are tricky to get locked down and with so many discussion styles it can be tricky to catch them all. In the end I’ve always just designed my pages agnostic of platform then worked/tweaked what I’ve been unable to make happy 100% for whatever reason. 

I did have some wireframe when we first went live with lithium but that’s 8 years ago, wasn’t responsive so wouldn’t share as they would be useless. 

Suggestion. 
Is it a khoros site? If so why not ask  your account manager if they could give you a clean dev instance for a month or few weeks, you could then populate with some sample boards/threads and use that out the box environment as your base. 

hermes is the latest themes they are using we went live with that in July. 

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:
Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.