Khoros Atlas Logo

Occasional Contributor SorchaCantwell
Occasional Contributor

Bulk moves, is there a quicker way?

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently moving a large volume of topics from one board to another. I've set my page to view the maximum number of topics that it can, so that I can batch process bigger chunks. But even at 200 topics per page, I have nearly 200 pages to move. 

It takes nearly 7 minutes to move each block of 200 topics (not that I've sat staring at it with a timer or anything 🙄)

Am I missing something? Is there a way that I can move things along faster? 

Cheers

S

0 Kudos
4 Replies 4
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Bulk moves, is there a quicker way?

@SorchaCantwell - The OOTB limit max outs on 200 per move. This is the only way apart from a custom solution that could allow for a faster migration of the threads. We have developed a custom solution for the bulk migration of the threads which performs multiple other actions as well in bulk. Let me know if you need more details.

Varun | Weaving magic with Lithium!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads
Occasional Contributor

@VarunGrazittithanks! I did suspect that might be the case, would be good to know what the custom solution is capable of though 😊

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@SorchaCantwell  We have a script created for us by Khoros that will move as many as you want using API call.  Probably very similar to what @VarunGrazitti  has (??)   It uses  Ruby and Curl.   You get a dump of all the message IDs, tell the script the source and the destination, enter in your session ID and run it.  It takes  a couple of seconds per post.  Email me at kim.groneman at microfocus.com if you want more info.  I'm happy to share. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Brill, thanks @kgroneman , that sounds like it could be pretty useful to have for instances like this. 

I'll look into it

0 Kudos