Khoros Atlas Logo

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Can you ban an IP range?

Jump to solution

At times we find we get a lot of spam from a specific ISP (usually a hosting service like Digital Ocean).  Spammers have found using these services that are dynamic in their IP assignments helps them.   I'd like to block certain IP ranges that do this.  Is there a way for me to enter an IP range to be blocked?  If there is, I'm not finding it.  I can do this easily on our Telligent and vBulletin systems. Yes, I know the danger of blocking a legitimate user doing this, but sometimes it's a case of doing what's best for the community.   Thanks in advance.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos
2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Can you ban an IP range?

Jump to solution

@kgroneman - Yes, we can ban IP range.

Just navigate to Community admin - Mods Tool - User Ban - Create New Ban

Here is the similar request https://community.lithium.com/t5/Support-Forum/How-do-I-ban-a-range-of-IP-addresses/m-p/121659#M5839 which will be helpful. 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Can you ban an IP range?

Jump to solution

Ah. I see you can use CIDR notation.  Thanks.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos