cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Community Experience Survey and cookies

Hi,

Survey uses cookies and if you remove them after session you will be prompted with the survey again and the again. Is there way to avoid this? This behaviour is annoying but luckily occurs only with small amount of users.

If user disables cookies totally login doesn´t work.

I think there isn't a way to avoid this but I just want to make sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My latest Product idea - Renew the quote feature

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Enidin-

There is no way to login if the cookies are being disabled, however, you can use come workaround for a survey.  e.g

Store some true, false value in user metadata and hide the survey basis of that value. 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Highlighted

Thanks mate but I didn't understand at all (too technic for me) 🙂

Could you please explain in other way?

Highlighted

@Enidin-

We can add any custom meta fields for users e.g survey_given is a custom field which lithium has added to your community. 

When a user has given the survey, you will need to update that value to true or 1. On the basis of this custom field, you can check if a user has given the survey or not and you can hide the survey using CSS or remove it with jQuery.

P:S - Survey still will trigger even though you have updated the custom field, However, you need to hide it using CSS as this is just a workaround.

I hope this will make you more clear.

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Highlighted

Thanks a lot, now I got it!

Hmm, I think we don't do this - we continue as it is.