Khoros Atlas Logo

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Community newsletter via private message?

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I just want to hear your experiences if you have used / are using private messaging for a sending a community newsletter? Is it good idea or not, I´d like to hear experiences? How does members react and so on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My latest Product idea - Renew the quote feature

0 Kudos
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Community newsletter via private message?

Jump to solution

Hi @Enidin -

I haven't tried this myself, but I can think of a few drawbacks to using private messaging for a community newsletter:

• Formatting of private messages can be a bit rough - I've found that it likes to add extra blank lines, and the preview in the email that gets sent doesn't quite match the view within the community (at least in our community, which uses a pretty default responsive theme)
  • You'll get much better metrics from a specialized email platform (e.g. Marketo) - open rates, click-through-rates, etc.
  • In general, open rates on private messages to non-super-users seem to be pretty low, at least on my community. 

If I were you, I'd consider doing a newsletter through a marketing platform - you can download the list of all of your users via the admin User report, and then upload into whatever platform you have.

Cheers!

----
Caroline Sekar | Community Manager @ Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

@Enidin: If the newsletter wants to make public for all users it can be done by using Lithum OOTB component "Announcements" and can be placed on the Community Landing page

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Illindra

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks @CarolineS, you confirmed my thoughts. Still wanted to ask 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My latest Product idea - Renew the quote feature

0 Kudos