cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Filter search based on assigned role(s)

Is it possible to configure the search results to display only content the user has access to, based on their role(s)?

For example, if they are not logged in, the search results display all "public" content. If they are logged in, the search results display all content based on their role(s), not public content.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@EmDunn - Well that's how it is by default. The user sees the public content in logged out state and when logged in, they see it as per their roles and access level. You could check this here in the Lithium community as well. 

I hope this helps.

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads
Highlighted

Hi Varun,
Once logged in, I would only want the search results to display the content based on their role(s), not including public content.
Thanks!
Emily
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Emily, 

You would need to restrict access to the public content through permissions for the roles the user has when logged in, this is simple if you're talking about not allowing the user when logged in to access and read public content at all and only see the restricted content they've been given access to.

If you just want to exclude the public content from search but allow the user to navigate to it then this becomes a bit more tricky and would require some form of customisation to the community.

Robert

Click the Kudos button below if you find my posts helpful. If I've answered your query please click the Mark Solution button to help others find the same answer.
Highlighted

Ohk, that call for a customization then 🙂 Which is a huge task since you'd have to build the entire search from scratch. Let me know and we can discuss this over PM. Some of the custom search examples are here:

http://community.netapp.com/

http://www.optiverse.com/

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads