cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Finding a user's email address for an offline discussion

Why isn't there a single place to get all the info we need from a user? For the email address I had to use the general search feature (then filter it to users, not posts), sometimes I have to "switch user" to see their profile data, sometimes I have to use "Moderator Controls" when in a user's "about section" and of course sometimes I have to use the Community Admin to look them up and assign them roles. 

We need a "get the scoop on someone" place that consolidates everything! 

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Advisor

How is your View Profile Page configured in Studio?

Our community displays a user's email address to administrators in a particular area of the profile page. Just make a quick role-check for the logged-in user and then display the profile field data to make it easier on yourself.

It looks like the Private Statistics component includes email address, but I don't have experience with it.

---
Community Manager \\ NetApp
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for chiming in, I will check with the people that configured Khoros for my company!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Kind of like killing an ant with a shotgun, but you can download all the community user's data including email addresses from Community Analytics and keep it around (and you can enable other non-admin roles to be able to download it too)

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

...and FYI our admins can see the email addresses on profile page.   You have to give away the farm to enable non-admins to see it though so we don't.  We make them go to admin reports or the community analytics to get them.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.