Khoros Atlas Logo

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Hashtag in url?

Hi, all! We've run into an extremely aggravating problem - for some reason, a hashtag is appearing urls. This 'addition' makes all actions on the page inoperable and forces the user to refresh the page.

We haven't identified a pattern to this seemingly randomly occurance. Do any of you experience this issue and, if so, how did you resolve? 

5 Replies 5
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Hashtag in url?

Example?   Is it the hashtag like you see in this URL for your post?  https://community.khoros.com/t5/Li-Discussions/Hashtag-in-url/m-p/521069#M7181  which indicates the place the browser is supposed to point to?

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm not seeing that.  Is there any scenario where this shows up such as logged on vs. not logged on, different browser, etc.   Have you tried looking at it in an incognito window (chrome) or private browsing window (Firefox)?    It's probably an anchor link, not a hashtag.   Anchor links tie the URL to specific anchor locations on a page.  Another possibility could be javascript on the page (do you have any javascript adds on the page?)

2019-04-16 10_23_17-Flexera Community - Community.jpg

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I also couldnt replicate, have you flagged with support? If you use Chrome, inspect element and switch to the network tab then refresh the page you'll be able to see if there is some strange redirect or something that's adding the # 

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

0 Kudos
Khoros Alumni (Retired) ClaudiusH Khoros Alumni (Retired)
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Sometimes how certain interactive (JavaScript) page elements are engineered, means that they use placeholder links pointing at a dummy "#" location to be clickable. Maybe that's what the case is for your community.

Definitely as @kgroneman asked already some pre-requisites and steps to reproduce the problem would help to narrow this down to the root cause.

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
0 Kudos