Khoros Atlas Logo

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Hi, we will start 40+ language based communities on one template. Does your platform support this?

Jump to solution

Hi, we will start 40+ language based communities on one template. Does your platform support this?

thx

0 Kudos
8 Replies 8
Khoros Oracle
Khoros Oracle

Hi kissl   Lithium can be configured on a wide range of l...

Jump to solution

Hi kissl

Lithium can be configured on a wide range of languages; you could either choose to have different versions of your community on different languages or have a single community on a default language and allow users to choose their own language preferences.  Please note that language preferences apply to standard Lithium or your own custom template text, obviously translation of user content is not covered.

You can choose to have any or all of the following languages enabled for your community:

Arabic (UAE)
    English (US)
    English (UK)
    Bahasa Indonesian
    Bulgarian
    Catalan
    Chinese (Simplified)
    Chinese (Traditional)
    Croatian
    Czech
    Danish
    Dutch
    Finnish
    French
    German
    Greek
    Hebrew
    Hungarian
    Italian
    Japanese
    Korean
    Malay
    Norwegian
    Polish
    Portuguese (Portugal)
    Portuguese (Brazil)
    Romanian
    Russian
    Spanish (Spain)
    Spanish (Mexican)
    Swedish
    Thai
    Turkish
    Vietnamese

Please feel free to get back if you've got any further questions.  If you wish to discuss this in greater depth, including coverage of additional languages not listed above please either request a demo or let me know and I'll ensure that someone from the relevant team gets in touch.

Kind regards
Noaman

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Re: Hi kissl   Lithium can be configured on a wide range of l...

Jump to solution
Hi Noaman,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I get a "Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action." message on the link.

kissl
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Khoros Oracle
Khoros Oracle

Jump to solution
Hi kissl

Apologies for that! I've reached out to our Lithosphere team for advice. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Noaman
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

We're not that big in number of languages (yet), but our...

Jump to solution

We're not that big in number of languages (yet), but our community has 10 languages set up. It is working and the new Lithium Social Insight is catering much better for this scenario to allow for insight by language category as well.

If you share a little bit more details on your scenario I'm sure Lithosphere users can share more details and actual practical advise.

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Occasional Commentator BettyMontgomery
Occasional Commentator

Jump to solution
What , no Swahili!
0 Kudos
tatp
New Commentator

Re: Hi kissl Lithium can be configured on a wide range of l...

Jump to solution

"different versions of your community on different languages"

How do we create a different version of the community for a specific language?  Currently we have English setup for a specific way.  We would like to create a Spanish Community that is competely seperate from the English Community.

We have the spanish language pack in our contract.  Currently we have our community setup for english and spanish however we want to break this up into 2 completely seperate community.

1) English

2) Spanish

regards
pete

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

@tatp - The locale specific communities have category based community structure where the category pages serves the respective home page or community page for respective language. Have a look at https://community.opentable.com/t5/Diner-Community/ct-p/OpenTable_Community_US this is a multilingual community, so is Skpe community. You will see that the home page for these would be /ct-p

Ref. http://community.lithium.com/t5/Community-structure/Create-and-set-up-top-level-categories/ta-p/1640...

Varun | Weaving magic with Lithium!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads
tatp
New Commentator

Jump to solution
Alok,

Thanks! That answers my question perfectly. I will have to submit a ticket to enable the "top-level categories" option in staging.

http://community.lithium.com/t5/Community-structure/Create-and-set-up-top-level-categories/ta-p/1640...