cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

How to provision limited Studio access to developers

Is it possible to grant Studio access to a user without handing over all of the "keys to the kingdom" at the same time?  (i.e., allow them to access Studio and/or push files to Stage via the Lithium SDK without giving them full access to Community Admin as well.)

Or, better yet, is it possible to give a user limited access to Studio?  Here are some examples that come to mind:

• Prevent a user from publishing from Stage to Production
  • Grant access for the user to only create/edit/remove custom components but not (for example) endpoints, macros, etc.
  • Prevent a user from overriding existing/OOTB components

We have some developers in our company who need to develop some custom components for a particular page (in this situation the Create Case page in the Case Portal, but potentially others in the future) but we want to follow the principle of least privilege wherever possible.

In Khoros JX it is easy to restrict someone's development access (i.e. the ability to create widgets/components and edit a page layout) to a specific space (i.e. node) but I can't seem to find out how this is possible in the Khoros Community platform.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Jeff,

In the Admin console for Stage, there are permissions specific to Studio. You can create new roles and assign the permissions that meet your various use cases.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.53.21 PM.png

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn
Highlighted

Oh awesome, thanks @lilim!  I must be going blind because I swear I didn't see a Studio section for roles.  Thanks for the quick response!

Highlighted

The Studio permissions don't exist in Prod, only Stage, so it is easy to miss. 😅

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Senior Community Manager @ Udemy
Connect on LinkedIn