Khoros Atlas Logo

steverdavidson
New Commentator

Is there a lithium to salesforce architecture diagram available somewhere?

Just need an exec level diagram that shows what the connector does.

0 Kudos
11 Replies 11
Occasional Contributor ashcool
Occasional Contributor

Hello - In a nutsheel the Connector does the following;...

Hello - In a nutsheel the Connector does the following;

1. Closed Loop Support:
    1. Automated Escalations: Unanswered Community posts are escalated as SalesForce Tickets after a pre-determined interval of time goes by without a community response (Time interval is configurable)
    2. Manual Escalation : unanswered Community post can be escalated manually by a person with appropriate access levels(Configrable). Typically you want the Community Admin, Moderator, VIP or a Support Rep having this capability
    3. Support Agents are able to reply back to posts right from within SalesForce
  2. User Synchronization - One time and incremental - The Connector maps the users from Lithium and SFDC Contacts based on email ID to ensure integrity of User identity.  The synchronization can be done in bulk.  Additionally - you can configure the system to do incremental mapping.  The system can also optonally create contacts in SFDC shold a coresponding Contact be not found in SFDC. It can also map to SFDC Person Account

3. KnowledgeBase/Solution promotion - Quality Community content can be promoted into SFDC as a Solution for wordsmithing and incorporation as part of SFDC Solutions

4. Integrated Search - THe Connector plug-in can allow for having a unfied search that searches across Lithium and SFDC Content (Solutions, KB  and Library content

5. Lastly - SFDC Contact and Case records are enriched by Community data that show the Community attributes along with recent activity history

Hope this helps!

Ashish

Occasional Commentator vrajesh
Occasional Commentator

You may find this link useful http://cloudsquads.com/clou...

You may find this link useful http://cloudsquads.com/cloudsquads-connect.php  

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

HI,    I have some high level process maps i can share if...

HI, 

I have some high level process maps i can share if you want? or are you after the sfdc db schema showing the community objects? We are currently working on the integration between sfdc and lithium, working very well however we do have some issues we are working out such as any updates back from the community after you have posted a reply from sfdc dont get back into sfdc also your community user db is synced with sfdc every 24hours. when working with the case escalation you need a community user to be in sfdc for the "case, contact, account" assignment to work if you escalate before the contact has sync you could get orphan records but you can reduce the sync to less than 24hours. Also if you have any custom fields on your profile record within the community you want passing into sfdc you will need to get lithium to expose them.

hopefully our lessons learnt will help you 🙂

Regards

Stephen  

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Re: Hello - In a nutsheel the Connector does the following;...

Hi Ashish,

I'm completely new to Lithium, so can you elaborate on what connector does the things you described above? How do I find more information about this connector? More specifically, I'm really interested in how #5 in your list is accomplished.

Thanks in advance,
Frank
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor

@Franky - We have built a Lithium + Salesforce connector, let me know if I can PM you the details.

Varun | Weaving magic with Lithium!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads
0 Kudos
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Hi Grazitti,

Sure thing. I'd love to find out more about what you've done with Lithium
and SFDC.

Cheers,
Frank
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor

I would love to hear more from all of you too as we've been working on the connector with lithium and cloudsquad although we are currently not using it. I was not heavily involved in that project but no more getting into similar work as all of you. Does anyone fancy doing a Skype Call?
Learning from others and helping where I can!
Community Passionista!
0 Kudos
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Hi Wendy_S,

I'd love to sit in on your skype call when you're able to set one up.

Cheers,
Frank
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor

Let's see if we can pull this off. I guess I need skypenames and timezones 🙂

Learning from others and helping where I can!
Community Passionista!
0 Kudos