Khoros Atlas Logo

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Lithium giving user login information to Facebook

Jump to solution

It must have been in the fine print of Lithium login that they can send my user information gathered here to Facebook.   How do I opt out of this? Geez.

Lithium.jpg

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos
3 Replies 3
Khoros Alumni (Retired) ClaudiusH Khoros Alumni (Retired)
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Re: Lithium giving user login information to Facebook

Jump to solution

You can adjust your cookie privacy settings for Lithium by clicking the link with the same name on at https://lithium.com/privacy - Opting out of Tracking-Cookies there would prevent your visit to Lithium.com to be used as a signal for advertisting on other pages.

Just for clarification: You saw an ad for Lithium somewhere on Facebook.com and wondered where this came from, right?

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes, it was on Facebook. Thanks, but their OPT OUT option isn't really a good option because it uses cookies to block.   If I delete all my cookies, I'm automatically put back in.   That's just wrong.

Behavioral Targeting

We partner with a third party ad network to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our ad network partner uses cookies and Web beacons to collect information about your activities on this and other Websites to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here, or if you are located in the European Union you may click here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired) AlexandraK Khoros Alumni (Retired)
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Jump to solution

Hi Kim, we are sorry you found this ad disruptive — please know that was not our intent. With the recent merger, we've wanted to make sure we're letting all of our customers know what's going on — even if they aren't active community members. 

To stop receiving ads from us, click “hide ad” then “I do not want to receive ads from Lithium Technologies again.”

Please rest assured, Lithium + Spredfast are not sharing any login information. Don’t hesitate to reach out if we can help in any way.

0 Kudos