cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Marking notifications read

Maybe I'm just thick, but I can't see a way to mark all undread notifications as read.  Even on this, the Lithium community, I actually have to laboriously open each one of my notifications to make the little bell notification list go away.  I can read the titles and decide whether or not I want to open a notificaiton, and I don't want to open them all.  Am I missing something obvious?

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kgroneman

You shouldn't have to open each notification. The number on the bell icon tells you the number of notifications added to the notification page since you last opened the page. When you go to the page, it resets to zero. 

Are you seeing different behaviour?

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted

Hmmm.   I guess that works.  I'm just used to systems that allow ME to make the choice as to what I mark read and when.  I don't always want to mark everything in there read.  Ok..thanks. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Highlighted

@kgroneman - Unfortunately, you can not mark the single notification as read.  Also, there is no API call to mark the single notification as read otherwise you could build a custom notification page.  Even with the API, you can mark all at once. 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Highlighted

That's unfortunate, but if that's the way it is, that's the way it is.  Thanks.

--