Khoros Atlas Logo

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Mute avatar in specific boards

Jump to solution

Without doing a lot of css changes, is there a fairly simple way to mute avatars so they don't display in a specific forum?   We have a forum that's used mostly by one person to make announcements and since that's the only content, they wanted to know if we could mute their avatar just in that forum.  Thanks in advance.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos
7 Replies 7
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Mute avatar in specific boards

Jump to solution
There is no Out of Box way to achieve this. You must need some customisation for this.
Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

As I suspected.  Thanks. 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

@kgroneman - However, doing this with CSS you can achieve this using Freemarker logics. 

You will need to create a custom component for user avatar and include the OOB avatar component. Where you can right condition if coreNode.id == "board-id" than do not include the OOB component. 

Also, you will need to replace the OOB avatar component from ForumMessage quilt with the custom component which we have created. 

Let me know if this helps or you need some information. 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution
Thanks. I'll ask how important this is and try this if it's determined to be an important issue.
--
0 Kudos
Khoros Alumni (Retired) ClaudiusH Khoros Alumni (Retired)
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Jump to solution

If you only want to remove the avatar on the Forum Board Page then you could also look at a custom ForumPage layout which you can change in Community Admin -> Content -> Custom Pages -> Forum Page just for this node. in that layout you could use a message list which doesn't show author avatars.

This approach won't work down to ForumTopicPage though.

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

@ClaudiusH - 

@ClaudiusH wrote:

If you only want to remove the avatar on the Forum Board Page then you could also look at a custom ForumPage layout which you can change in Community Admin -> Content -> Custom Pages -> Forum Page just for this node. in that layout you could use a message list which doesn't show author avatars.

This approach won't work down to ForumTopicPage though.

Correct, however, I believe avatar must be visible on forum topic page which is coming from ForumMessage quilt. For which @kgroneman must need to make some customization there as well. 

Tariq
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution
Thanks. I'll look at doing that.
--
0 Kudos