cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

NPS / other survey methodology?

Hi all!

I'm hoping for insights about how you survey your community members, especially NPS surveys. We have been doing a quarterly email to all members & requesting they fill out our survey (which lives in a Google form). But, this means that we are emailing members who are long-inactive and also pestering people with basically the same survey every 3 months.

I do know about the Value Analytics feature of Khoros and how it works, but we don't love that survey since it's only minimally customizable.

So, for those of you who are NOT using Value Analytics - how do you survey members? A popup on your website? A regular email - and, if so, to whom? Other?

Thanks, ya'll!

10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

We used Value Analytics back in 2017 as our first year of internal evaluation, but the evaluation unit required it to be customised which we did, it worked for that. However, I don't have the original file anymore, so can't reset it back to the standard version (would love one if anyone has it!!) which I wouldn't mind just having living in the background iykwim.

Year 2, we used Survey Monkey and email spam, as well as a custom component and posts within the community.

Year 3, we didn't bother surveying the users as many had already been surveyed in person or over the phone via some research we had running with two universities here in Australia. Plus users tend to let me know regularly if they need to express anything.

We have been looking at using the survey option via Hot Jar, which our organisation uses for a few other sites. I also have a monthly newsletter that users often respond to. Regular newsletter goes to all members via Campaign Monitor, including inactive, so there are always the inevitable unsubs and many unopened.

Curious as to what others are doing too!

-----------------------------

Cancer Council Online Community

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the data points, @KateF! How did you customize Value Analytics; was that via professional services?

Honored Contributor

Sharing an undocumented feature here to edit the English questions:

Follow the approach described in the article Localize your Value Analytics surveys: export the English language file, edit it and import it back to change the English questions and answers.

If you want to use a completely different set of questions it's better to use a different tool. I doubt Khoros Professional Service can help as changing the layout too much takes devalues how value survey results can be compared across communities for benchmarking.

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ooh neat, Claudius, thanks!

Highlighted
New Commentator

Using NPS To Survey and Measure Employees (eNPS) eNPS measures how likely your staff members are to recommend your company as a place to work. Qualtrics recommends against using eNPS to measure employee feedback in favor of other more comprehensive survey methodology such as employee engagement surveys.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @Taj -

our community is externally-facing, not for employees. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We use value analytics but not as a pop up as one of the more common feedback verbatim we received when running just as a pop up was that the survey popped up BEFORE they were able to find anything. There didn't appear to be a good way of determining when a customer was likely to be finished then catching them before they left. The survey pop up does have a little statement about how it will open in a new window for when you are finished but nobody reads that.

So, we had a developer link the survey to a 'Was this helpful' question at the bottom of every content piece (ie. thread, article, etc but not category or board) and while the overall volumes have dropped the verbatim feedback is much more relevant.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DanK wrote:

So, we had a developer link the survey to a 'Was this helpful' question at the bottom of every content piece (ie. thread, article, etc but not category or board) and while the overall volumes have dropped the verbatim feedback is much more relevant.

GENIUS!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

We've recently integrated with another tool and have a cute little doohickey tab on the side of the page for 'Feedback' and users can indicate with 'happy faces'. Still working on traffic/responses and monitoring the feedback on the experience, but will keep you posted!  We've also been looking at integrating a different survey approach, but unsure yet how it's going to pan out long term. Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 3.40.43 PM.png

What did you end up deciding to do on your end? Any updates/insights you can share?