Khoros Atlas Logo

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Regression test examples on a new community version?

@CarolineS wrote:

I have heard from our TAM that the blank menu issue only affects staging instances, not prod. We are going to hope that is indeed the case and move to 19.7. 

Interesting, and not sure that's accurate. I know of another community that's experiencing this issue on production. 

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@CarolineS Our staging env was upgraded to 19.7 and I now see the items in the hamburger nav menu, but they're out of order. Are you seeing the same (if you've received 19.7)?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@StephenB - we did indeed get 19.7 on our staging site, but our hamburger menu is still blank. I had heard about this out-of-order issue from our TAM though - so it's a known issue on the Khoros side.

----
Caroline Sekar | Community Manager @ Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @CarolineS 

We wrote some automated tests for the most important usecases such as register a new user, login/logout, post, navigate etc. to make sure that all basic functionalities are working. We run these on stage prior to every release. We do that also for most of the common browsers. With new (custom features) we continuously adopt or extend those tests. 

Best

Jan 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@MrB77 - amazing. I should get something similar sorted out. What platform / framework do you use for the automated tests?

----
Caroline Sekar | Community Manager @ Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@CarolineS We use this framework as a "test runner": https://jestjs.io. The tests are written in Selenium.  We also use Browserstack for the different browser tests. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a GREAT idea.  I am asking our QA team about this today.  

0 Kudos
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Being a one person team, I didn't test anything in stage and now I have a reordered hamburger menu on production. 

Luckily, I have a private community where most people 'land' in the section they want from links in our products.  Otherwise this 3 week error, would be a big issue.  

I will be trying to adopt @MrB77 testing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@MrB77  I am a QA neophyte.  Would your Selenium scripts translate to another community?  If so, would you be so kind to share?

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @mhock they are client specific but could be adopted. The thing is that we do this for our customers so I can't share them but I'm happy to share some of the insights so you would be able to replicate this. There would also be an option that we build those test cases for you. Feel free to ping me if you would like to further exchange. 

Best 

Jan 

0 Kudos