Khoros Atlas Logo

Highlighted

Set up role permissions

We are trying to set up a role in the community that can see one sub-category, but not another within the main category. 

Here is how the section we are working with is set up.

Community Header Drop-Down

- Category A  (We want the users with Role A to see this category) 

- Sub-Category B (We want the users with Role A to see this category) 

- Sub-Category ABC (1) (We want the users with Role A to see this category) 

- Sub-Category XYZ (2) (We do not want the users with Role A to see this category) 

We have to assign role A to see categories for Category A in order to get to the Sub-Category ABC.  This option allows the users with the role A to see Sub-Category XYZ.  Role A users can see the sub-category XYZ, but it shows 0 posts.  Showing 0 posts is good because we don't want them to access the knowledge base articles in sub-category XYZ.  

We have also tried assigning the role to sub-category XYZ and denying all permissions, but users with the role A can still see the title of sub-category XYZ.

Does anyone know how we can set up a role so users can see the title and access sub-category ABC, but not even see the title for sub-category XYZ?

Here is an image: 

sub-category xyz.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies 3
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Set up role permissions

Hi,

how is the permission:

Discussion Styles/See discussion style boards

set for the board XYZ for users with role A? I would check the setting for default users for that board as these should be inherited from the category.

I guess, there is another role applying to board XYZ for those user, who should see that board?

0 Kudos
02Helen
New Commentator

i also think so.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses!

Role A has the default of Deny for every permission related to board XYZ.  

The reason they see the category name XYZ is because XYZ is under sub-category B at the same level of category ABC.  They are both knowledge base articles with different sections and need to be set up as categories.  In order to allow role A users to see category ABC, we have to allow the users to see categories for sub-category B.  This allows the users to see categories ABC and XYZ.

0 Kudos