cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Strategy for creating a glossary in community?

I'd like to create a crowd-sourced glossary of terms around the products in our user community.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to do this.

TKB seems the right board type to use, but I wonder if anyone has creative thoughts on how to best use it.

For example:

• One TKB post per glossary term seems too granular. So, I suppose groups of letters. Or maybe, to start with, just one TKB post with the whole glossary.
  • How should we format the TKB entries? Table of contents at the top seems a good idea but what other ideas are there?
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi @jperk ,

While this may not be exactly what you are trying to do, I personally am a big fan of creating indexes to consolidate a suite or series of topics/articles in one place. Here are a few examples of what we've done on our community:

• Tool Mastery Index - a KB article that compiles all the content within a series (1 article per tool)
  • Weekly Challenge Index - a pinned forum post with weekly challenges ranked by difficulty and subject (Ind. challenges are also forum posts)

Are you looking to have users contribute to the glossary? If so, perhaps starting with a single KB Article and then encouraging members to comment with additional glossary terms/concepts or links to related resources would be a good approach. You could then easily edit and incorporate those comments in the master Glossary, while adding those who shared as contributors to the article.

Hope this helps... or at least inspires others to join the conversation 😉