cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Tracking links to our corporate pages

A while back I posted this about possibly removing the noreferrer attribute so we can see when links are being followed from our community to the corporate web site:  https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Discussions/Removing-noreferrer/m-p/528115

I still want a way to see that data.  Something we've thought of is using a UTM code at the end of the links to our corporate pages.  If we could add a utm_source=community to all microfocus.com domain links we could have a better picture of the actual traffic coming from the community site. 

Does anyone have a better solution?   If not, is there a way to add UTM code to links to a specific domain?  We can't be the only company that wants to track traffic coming from our community to the corporate site.

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi

any reason why you cannot just deploy something like google analytics/google tag manager across your entire .com but with a single GA account? 

We do this and I can track all traffic to and from community from any of our sites. 

I’ve not used other web analytics packages but I’m sure they could offer the same without tagging or having variables on URL’s sure they are good for campaigns but then again you can use events in GTM for that 

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

I'll see what our SEO guy has to say.  Thanks for the suggestion @Fellsteruk 

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.