Khoros Atlas Logo

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Who uses editor V2?

Jump to solution

Hi! Wondering if anyone is already using Editor V2.
I had some observations which I'd like to get some feedback on.

For example. Is anyone seeing the toolbar in reverse order for the blog article page compared to the post page?

Also, we currently have Spell Checker in the toolbar but V2 no longer has this? Wonder if this is expected and if anyone has seen any difficulties with no longer offering Spell Checker from within the text editor. Some of our superuser are quite keen on using it.

Last but not least. I am not seeing the Undo button and the font background color button. They're also not in the list of buttons in the announcement so I assume it's expected.

Thanks!
Wendy

Learning from others and helping where I can!
Community Passionista!
0 Kudos
5 Replies 5
Khoros Alumni (Retired) ClaudiusH Khoros Alumni (Retired)
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Re: Who uses editor V2?

Jump to solution

Hi Wendy,
We are using Editor v2 here on the Khoros Community for a while as an early adopter. Let me try anwering your questions:

• Toolbar button order: There are different configs for the editor toolbar used on different interaction styles. This allows e.g. for authoring blog or TKB articles to have more heading, section or media tools available. You can ask Khoros support to have those config files use the same button order.
  • Spell checker: This functionality has been introduced to most browsers as a "check spelling as you type" feature nowadays. I'd recommend to switch to browser based spell checking by following the article Migrating to the native browser spell checker experience 
  • Background / undo buttons: I think they were removed from the default toolbar configs, but are still available since they are TinyMCE editor features. You can ask Khoros support to add them back. There's a reason though why the text background was removed to reduce complexity of the toolbar and discourage extensive background formatting. Might be worth to only retain it in the blog and TKB editor toolbars but not have it present for normal discussions.

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks @ClaudiusH 

This is what we currently have on stage. You can see the reverse order of toolbars on blog article vs the rest. Blog article also has the spell check as the one and only😁

v2editor.jpg

Some of our experts are a huge fan of the spell checker but I agree that we can start the transition to in-browser spellchecker. Thanks for posting that link.

For the other 2 buttons. I think they are not needed but wanted to understand if this was expected behavior, just in case we get the question from our superusers. Same with the spellchecker. Nowhere it was explicitly mentioned what features/buttons were removed, just what was added. Our group sometimes focuses on what's no longer there #changemanagement.

While I have you here 😬 😉Do you know what the skin tone option for the emoji does? Either I am not using it correctly or it is not doing what it should. (does nothing)

Thanks Clau!

Community Passionista!
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Oh, and we have a ticket with support open (but it is just taking forever to get all this sorted so I thought I'd try my luck with the community)

Community Passionista!
0 Kudos
Khoros Alumni (Retired) ClaudiusH Khoros Alumni (Retired)
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Jump to solution

If you just enable editor v2 and you previously had your toolbar button config customized then we won't reset this config. So the move to v2 is a good opportunity to either revert to the OOTB config or review them accordingly for relevance of the buttons to your audience and also the order.

The skin tone is applied to emojis that are humanoid faces or figures and will change their skin tone accordingly. Just select the base skin tone on bottom right within the emoji picker and then the emoji: 👶🏿👶🏾👶🏽👶🏼👶🏻👶 It won't affect the smileys 🤓

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Very cool @ClaudiusH 

Thanks for enlightening me 😘

Yes, we would like to move to V2 but just ironing out some wrinkles at the moment. I really like the new Editor! ( I mean, finally some cool emoji's!!)

Community Passionista!
0 Kudos