Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Executive

Anyone seeing decreasing traffic from the search engines?

I have seen this behaviour for several months by now, we get 30-40% less traffic from the search engines compared to last year. I think we haven´t changed anything, beside we get more content all the time.

Have you seen this as well? It this somehow related with the cookie consent, or Khoros platform, or something else? Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas, please vote:

Syndications | Comments list | Missing-features 

Renew the quote feature

8 Replies 8
Boss

@TeroRe, I'm glad I saw your post! I'm seeing the same thing and its confusing. 

I'm still looking into this but it looks like Google changed their algorithm 

@tyw wrote:

it looks like Google changed their algorithm 

Oh no, this means there isn´t much what we can do... I hoped there are easy solution for this.

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Executive

I'm also seeing a ±30% drop on our communities (last 3 months, YoY). 

same here. mobile indexing first aside, something here is fundamentally losing traction with the crawlbots

Executive

So is this somehow related with the Khoros platform or what this is?

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

@TeroRe, this is not related to the Khoros platform, most likely it’s the Google algorithm change. It is pretty much with the last Google core update that took place late Nov/early Dec. Here is the link which shows that there was more happening: Unconfirmed Google Algorithm Update 18th January 2022

Executive

I studied Google Search Console and noticed that there are bunch of things what we can and should do.

One thing I want to share with you is that when we have content with embedded Youtube videos PageSpeed Insight recommends "Reduce unused javascript" --> https://web.dev/unused-javascript/?utm_source=lighthouse&utm_medium=lr

I think we have "out of the box" solution here and we are using Hermes skin. What to do with this problem?

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Executive

We studied this more and noticed that our traffic from search engines have decreased starting March 2021. So something have happened Jan/Feb 2021.

We started to use Hermes skin March 2021 but this cant be the case because we started to use it on March 2021, or can be? Google indexes pages with certain delay. Or does skin effect some how on this? Content and content URL´ preserved but how about something in the backend?

We noticed from Google Search Console that this drop is general, not just with certain keywords.

My Ideas, please vote:

Renew the quote feature

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.