Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guide

Creating a forum board within a forum board that only select employees can see

Hello,

We have an internal employee board on our Community that all that have the employee role can see. I have tried to create a new knowledge base within this category for only select users, but it appears that it is still available for all employees to see. I tried to follow the steps here and even created a new role for the select few: 

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Forums/Create-a-private-forum/ta-p/109143

Is there something I missed? When I created this new role I made sure that the settings were only for this particular board. Thanks for any help or suggestions. 

1 Reply 1

@hspriet  :Kindly follow the below approach on setting Private Board

Navigate to the Particular Board in the Choose option-->  In the Default Permission tab--> Keep "See Forums" Permissions as DENY--> Go to Role(ex: Private) tab in the same Board--> Create  a new role--> Keep "See Forums" Permissions as Grant.

Assign the new role(ex: Private) to the people who need to access the Board. So only Admins and the new role(ex: Private) can able to access the Board.

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Illindra

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.