Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ace

Hidden board is shown in Google search

Hi all,

for the silent launch of a new product we made a hidden board that should only be accessible for the users of the product. However, the board is listed as the first result when you type the name of the product in Google and can be accessed by anyone. I guess I overlooked the setting in the community admin where I can exclude hidden boards from Google and other search engines. I'm happy for any hint 🙂

Kind regards,

Claudia

4 Replies 4

Hiding it via the admin setting just removes it from the navigation. Google will find anything that is available to the public.

You would need to change the permissions on that board so it’s not available to anyone but specific roles. 

Thank you for your reply. We want to keep it as simple as possible, so no private groups or specific roles. I guess we have to live with it then :/.

@J1897 - You can use the Robots.txt to make sure that these boards don't show up in the search engines.

Here is the link for the same. 

I hope this helps.

Varun : Weaving magic with Khoros!

Recent Ideas: Advanced Private Messages | Rewarding Module | Badges for Threads

Thank you, I will have a look at that 🙂

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.