Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valued Contributor

Ideas body

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to change/edit the idea page when someone is writing the idea: 

adriana4u_0-1642088614377.png

We wanted to add an additional body to make people describe their ideas more pricely. Or maybe add text to the body that they would have to answer.

Does anyone know how to do it/if it's possible?

11 Replies 11
Honored Contributor

Hi, this is definitely possible. You can do this via the Studio text keys. I can't recall the exact name of the text key but it'll be something like idea-form-body-placeholder. 

If you start by searching for placeholder in Studio text keys then that might narrow it down. If you get stuck then let me know what results you see and I should be able to pick it out of the list for you. 

Senior Community Manager | Strava
Khoros Staff

Hello @adriana4u ,

If you want to use placeholder only for Idea's body, then you may use the following text key:
form.MessageEditor.field.body.placeholder@place:idea 

If for all the discussion styles, then
form.MessageEditor.field.body.placeholder

thanks,
Abhishek

Hello @AbhishekGu ,

I searched for the text key you sent to me and it shows no results:

adriana4u_0-1642154406383.png

I tried searching for it and couldn't find it either @elbranscomb :

adriana4u_1-1642155482132.png

Could it be the body is the same for discussions? So it's only one?

Esteemed Contributor

We have this both for questions and ideas:

form.MessageEditor.field.body.placeholder = The more details you provide, the better chance for a quick reply.

Senior Community Manager | Dynatrace
Esteemed Contributor

On a side note: for ideas, we've implemented a separate guide with good and bad practices. It's a separate page component on the idea submission screen.
Designed and implemented by my amazing team members 🙂

idea_guide.png

Senior Community Manager | Dynatrace
Valued Contributor

I edited and it stayed the same... I don't know why it's not working.

I really like that what you did, can I ask what page do you edit to add this component?

Valued Contributor

Hello @karolinalinda,

Actually it worked, my page was just not loading correctly!

Do you know how I can edit only for the ideas? Because we wouldn't want for discussion styles.

Valued Contributor

@AbhishekGu I was able to add the text key! Thank you so much! 

Do you know how I could add a custom component to the post page only in ideas?

Hi, thanks for sharing the screenshot. It's probably not showing up as it's currently not being used. If you try adding it in the Text Key area in Stage Studio with some sample wording using @AbhishekGu info above:

form.MessageEditor.field.body.placeholder@place:idea = [Some sample text]

Then open up a new Ideas submission form on Stage and see if you can see the new text. If you only want it added to the Idea submission form then @place:idea will ensure it only displays there rather than all forms. 

Senior Community Manager | Strava

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.