Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor

Is it possible to use overview page as a hub page for several productcategories?

Hello, 

my first post and question.

We have many categories in our community and want to have a common page for our customer to make it possible for them to see our whole portfolio of products. We are using a closed community so its only our licensed customers who will have access to this page. Sometimes we also want to promote an event for several cusotmers (not all).

On this page we dont want to se ideas or discussions. Only news and features

Is this possible? 

Looking forward to hear from you rgd a solution Smiley Wink

Anna Rebermark

Visma Enterprise AB

2 Replies 2

@Reban - 

I assume your community has a different board(blog) for news and features. 

1. Create a category and set permission, so only licensed customers can access it. 

2.  Create a custom component and using REST API's you can only fetch the messages for news and features board. 

Select * from messages where board.id in('<news-id>','<features.id>')

or if you want to fetch only blogs 

Select * from messages where conversation.style = 'blog'

3.  Add this custom component to the category page which you have created. 

4.  For the promoting an event, lithium does provide a way to feature a blog,tkb etc which you can find on thread options.   and you can fetch featured thread using API. 

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Here on the Lithium Community we had a slightly different challenge asking for a very similar solution: we have product related content (discussions, blog, ideas, documentation, developer docs) spread over a structure organised by interaction style. We decided to create product hub pages which summarise links and latest content from the various areas that deal with a certain product. Here's the one for "Online Communities":

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Online-Communities-Product-Hub/bd-p/online-communities

We started using Lithium built message and list widgets. These only show content within scope of the current community position. That's why we created custom components that allow listing blog articles and messages from any node id that's passed via component parameters. 

In your scenario you could take the same approach to create landing or hubba gesture that act as summaries for latest blogs and discussions. Ideally you should think about highlighting community members from these areas as well. These could be most Kudoed, most solution provided or even SMEs for that product. 

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.