cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Migration of posts

Hello,

Hope you're well. 

We have some users with duplicated accounts (for example, they created two) and we are inactiving one of them. I wanted to ask if there's a way to transfer posts from one account to another so they don't lose their activity?

BR,

Adriana

2 Replies 2
Boss

@adriana4u ,

There is one way is by merging SSOid to other dupe user.

But you will loose one of the user data from community if you merge user to another.

Another way is to edit all the messages of one of the user you want to merge and update the author of that user. and then You can have all the posts on behalf of that user. But make sure the message author must have permission to post as this user or the call will fail. The author can be specified as a relative REST API path, such as id/43 to specify the author by id or login/username to specify the author by username, or by an absolute path beginning with a forward slash, like /users/id/43.

Example API specified in this documentation:

https://devdocportal.khoros.com/t5/Community-API-v1-Reference/bd-p/restv1docs?section=commv1&leaf-id...

Expecting your Kudos and Accepted Solution to my replies.

Hello @Parshant,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. 

I tried to do that on the Edit User but the posts would remain on the first account even after merging the sso_ids. 

But you will loose one of the user data from community if you merge user to another. - also when you say this, what do you mean I will lose? Do you mean their posts or just the possibility of logging in?

I'm still very new to api language, could you possibly explain to me a little bit more detailed?

Thank you so much and sorry for having so many questions.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.