Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maven

Notifications to members in a group when a post is created or repied to

Hi all,

We are experimenting with Groups and I was wondering if it is possible for members to turn on notifications (just like in forums) where they would be updated when a post is created or replied to by others?

I am not seeing anything where this can be done.

If it is not available then it is a missed opportunity to inform members when something is happening in the group.

Greetings,

Bill

4 Replies 4
Boss

Hi Bill,

On the group's landing page, there should be a "subscribe" option found in the options dropdown menu. If your users are not seeing this, be sure to check the user permissions associated with the node or GroupMember role. The subscription permission needs to be set to grant.

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Community Manager @ Amazon
Connect on LinkedIn

@billg61: At present Lithium handling Notifications for all applications(Forums,blogs,Groups etc..,) in one setting. If the user need to keep eye on updates the need to subscribe to the Group so it will trigger Notifications for all actions performed.

Notification Settings: https://community.lithium.com/t5/General-system-setup/Set-notification-defaults-for-users/ta-p/10852...

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Product-Ideas/Ability-to-control-Notification-for-each-action-Perfo... Idea submit in the Community to enable individual Notification

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Illindra

Thanks Lili for your reply. All has been set up with the group member role as I set this up to be the default member role. Only I still don't see the options drop down menu in the group. It could be the layout of the group in our configuration, so I will need to look into this.

Greetings,

Bill

Thanks for your reply. I did see that an idea was submitted.

Greetings,

Bill

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.