Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor

Staging- Users and Roles

Hey guys- I am curious to know how you all "test" within Staging with partner/customer users. I am making some changes and creating a section only for partners and want to login as a particular partner to ensure it's working properly. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?? I suppose i could create an individual user in the Community- but wanted to see if there was another possibility that i wasn't thinking about! 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Director

I just login to one or two of my test accounts and manually assign the roles I'm trying to test with. Different browsers, private/incognito mode, and even different PCs make it easier. You can always switch to another user, but that's not always helpful, depending on how your user roles are being assigned.

---
Community Manager \\ NetApp
Mentor

Hey @Drew_C , so you've created 2 test accounts on staging- got it. We have our staging connected to our Okta Dev for security, so that adds an extra layer of complexity- i think. Do you guys have your staging connected to something like Okta as well?

Our staging env is connected to a dev instance of our SSO as well, but I can still switch to other users once logged in as me.

If it isn't already, you can request that your staging environment also allow standalone accounts. Try /t5/user/loginpage and see if you get the login page. If so, just create accounts in admin, assign roles, and log into them on that page, bypassing SSO.

---
Community Manager \\ NetApp

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.