Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leader

What happens to replies to spam

One of our volunteer moderators asked this and I could not find the answer. If someone replies to a message that is eventually marked as spam, what happens to those replies? This weekend we had a clever spammer doing the 'link in a period' bit and sucked a few people in.

3 Replies 3

Not 100% certain, but I believe any replies also end up in spam / no longer shown. Hopefully someone else can answer this more conclusively - but I wanted to also say we also had the "link in period" bit over the weekend. Arg.

The user who did this had email domain @wodeda.com - did yours have the same?

@mdfw in my test, the reply to the spam message stayed in the original place, only the spam message moved to the Spam Quarantine.

If the main topic/post is marked as spam, the topic moves to spam quarantine and the replies to that post do not appear on the Community. 

If a reply is marked as spam, that reply moves to spam quarantine and replies to that reply continue to show up under the main topic on the Community. 

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.