Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guide

how to embed a youtube videos playlist ?

Hi Team,

I am trying to embed a playlist of youtube videos into a post so that the whole playlist can be played, can we do this?

Regards

Naveen S

9 Replies 9

Hello @snaveen

You can embed a playlist of youtube videos by hitting share, then embed and pasting in that iFrame code. You will just have to have youtube added to your approved websites.

Boss

@snaveen You just need to add video url from video icon of editor tool.

image.png

This will open a modal box, you can add copied url from the playlist you are playing or opened of youtube video into this field, and click preview. On preview you can made adjustment to the video on posts.

This will add iframe to the video you are going to share it on community.

Check below screenshot for reference. For example I have also attached the dummy video to this post

image.png

Expecting your Kudos and Accepted Solution to my replies.
Guide
Boss

@snaveen, URL which you shared are not of youtube videos or its playlist. the approach I have shared is for only YouTube playlist and its videos, and not from any other sources.

Expecting your Kudos and Accepted Solution to my replies.
Guide

@Parshant 

is there a way i can embed the video from the URLs shared?

@Parshant 

Is there a way i can embed videos from sites other than youtube? using iframe 

<iframe allowfullscreen width="500" height="360" frameborder="0" src="https://edutube.dell.com/Player.aspx?vno=MChgZyd0XygzDeeyL2QbWQ==&autoplay=true" ></iframe>

@snaveen You can use the native video URL embed for any platform that is Embed.ly compliant. Dell.com may not be, in which case the iFrame can work if the editor permissions are set correctly to allow for iframes. A Khoros Support Engineer or Technical Consultant can help you identify your community's permissions, if they are not readily apparent.

There is a risk however in opening up this option for all users since it would allow anyone to embed any content in your community.

@SarahD Thank you for your reply, can we enable this for a single role rather than opening it up for all users

@snaveen Yes, absolutely. There are different levels of editor permissions, so the iframe could be added only to the most advanced editor level and then the target role could be given "advanced HTML" privileges while the rest of the users are given only basic permissions.

Welcome to the Technology board!

Curious about our platform? Looking to connect on social technology? You've come to the right place!

Are you a Khoros customer? For direct assistance from our Support team, please visit the Support Forum.