Public

Highlights of Munich's DLD 2017

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

The DLD (Digital-Life-Design) Conference is an exclusive, invite-only 3 day event held annually in world-class cities such as New York City, Beijing, San Francisco, London, Moscow, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Hong Kong, Tel Aviv and Munich. DLD brings together the crème de la crème of thought leadership: leading entrepreneurs and companies; technology innovators, creators and investors from Europe the Middle East, the Americas, and Asia. Together we congregated to discuss and exchange innovative ideas on technology digitization, culture and the sciences.

Picture1.png

The DLD Conference is chaired by the German publishing magnate Hubert Burda and Israeli heavy-weight investor Joseph Vardi. The 3 day event hosted over 150 guest speakers and 1000 attendees. It is considered Europe’s hottest technology conference, and certainly not to be missed--  if you are lucky enough to be invited!

Highlights:

Lithium Technologies’ highly anticipated interactive group session “Change or Diehow to accelerate digital transformation in your business which was EXCELLENTLY led by our very own VP Corporate Marketing Dayle Hall with companies such as Audi AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Lufthansa AG, REWE Digital GmbH, Adidas and many more. We had close to 10% of the entire event attendees registered; it was one workshop not to be missed (and it sure wasn’t)!

dayleright.png

Dayle used examples of customers ‘extreme expectations’. They are looking for fast and personal experiences, and share everything these days. This poses a few challenges:

1. They trust others more than brands, and they are digital first.
  2. We aren’t changing quick enough, and we are investing like nothing has changed.
  3. And we are nervous about doing more on digital and social channels, because of all the fail’s we see from other brands.

He then went on to discuss a framework for change, which the attendees of the workshop will be able to take back and use within their own organizations to challenge them to do more to drive digital customer experience.

matthias.png

martinleft.pngdorisright.png

Me, leading and interacting with my group

Other highlights included:

The highly controversial but very interesting IT´S PERSONAL! YOUR REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH DATA session; where my friend Alex Tayler of up-and-coming Cambridge Analytica was interviewed.

zuck.png

sabella.png

Other well-known speakers included:

PIER PAOLO RIGHI (Karl Lagerfeld International B.V), NIKOLAY KOLEV (Deloitte Digital), YONCA DERVISOGLU BRUNINI (Google), SOLMAZ ALTIN (ALLIANZ GROUP), FRANK ANTON (Siemens AG eAircraft), HENRY BLODGET (Business Insider), KLAUS FRÖHLICH (BMW GROUP), LUDWIG SIEGELE (The Economist), NADJA SWAROVSKI (Swarovski), MARK ZUCKERBERG (previous attendee)(Facebook), ISABELLA ROSELLINI... and many more here. An eclectic mix of thought leadership and innovation at its BEST !!!

A personal highlight for me was getting the chance to have a quick chat with Mr. Hubert Burda himself; as well as being interviewed by Lufthansa AG (video yet to be published; will let you know when I get it) where I was filmed and asked about my views on Digital Technology within the travel realm. Of course, being the ever-so-dutiful Lithium Advocate, I made sure to say that I think Lithium Technologies are at the forefront of ANYTHING which relates to Social Media Software, as well as Digital Marketing and Online Communities to connect (Reach and Respond) with anyone, anywhere at any time. 

hubert.png

I also got a chance to spend around 30 minutes with Joseph Vardi and my good friend DANIEL SEAL (previous DLD speaker) to discuss the future of digital technology and my role at Lithium Technologies as well as what feedback I have.

In retrospect, this was a monumentally fantastic event and experience for me. In my (humble) opinion, we certainly should attend DLD events whenever possible. It is a highly respected and well-known Community amongst those “in the know”! Thanks for reading.

Tags (4)
2 Comments