Public

LiNC '16 Resolutions: Invest in yourself (& maybe win a free pass!)

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

large.jpg

LiNC 2016... Consider it your halfway point on your resolutions.

New Year, renewed level of energy and ambition. We’ve all been nourished with holiday cookies, quenched with eggnog, showered with love from grandma (maybe champagne if you kept it going through New Year’s Eve)… and now it’s time to make some SERIOUS new resolutions.

2016: A time for fitness. Companies like Groupon, Living Social, and Gilt are teeming with discounted gym memberships. Anything more than 50% off is basically free right? Not to mention all the yoga studios that offer a week of free membership, which is probably more than you committed to last January, so bravo!

file_3_1.jpg

Therefore, Resolution #1 is a no-brainer:

I will go to the gym every week! (Need to get fit for all those SF hills in June).

2016: A time for dietary improvement. Everyone is doing something these days to better their diet. But for me at least, when Thanksgiving hits, all bets are off. I MUST get back into good habits… Maybe I'll try the Paleo diet?

ways-to-eat-healthier.jpg

Alas, Resolution #2:

I will maintain a healthy eating regime (So I can break it in time for LiNC and indulge in all the great San Francisco cuisine. Dungeness crab, anyone?)

2016: A time for growing in your career. LinkedIn is great, don’t get me wrong, but I could use a little face-to-face networking. Our holiday party apparently doesn’t count as a networking event. Meeting people outside of my company- what a concept!

a.png

Thus, Resolution #3:

I will do more to network and grow my career (By LiNC I will be ready to network with all those customer experience professionals!)

2016: A time to flourish financially. Post-holiday. I am on the verge of cutting up my credit card! But after looking at LiNC’s awesome prices, I plan to go to my boss and present to him how much of a steal this conference will be with the early bird discount… Hoping we can put that extra money from our budget towards other pipeline-driving initiatives (also may suggest a company-wide vacation).

3057594-Alphabet-blocks-spelling-save-and-invest-with-piggy-bank-Stock-Photo.jpg

Testament to Resolution #4:

I will save more and invest more (I’ll save money and invest in myself using the LiNC ’16 early bird offer)

2016: A time for personal growth. My fear of the gym last year may have kept me from going, but this year, I am going to strive for a new feat. Perhaps it is to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. Maybe I’ll get a promotion. Maybe I’ll conquer my phobia of airplane bathrooms. Maybe I’ll be more involved in the 2016 Election. Maybe I will shake @MikeW's  hand or take a selfie with @KatyK.

hero-michael.png

Easy - Resolution #5:

I will conquer a fear (I will get Dr. Wu’s autograph and a selfie with matching hat and glasses)

It is our hope that LiNC can be a stepping stone to a better year and a better YOU! It all starts with registering for LiNC 2016.

Let us know your best resolution in under 50 words

and you could win a FREE Pass to LiNC!

Update: The winner has been announced! Check out this blog to see who won a free pass to LiNC!

Related Blogs

8 Comments
Trusted Contributor

2016: Celebrating Success. In the grind of daily to-do's and meeting goals and objectives, I forget to celebrate what I've accomplished. Personally, I've met several goals in 2015; expanded my family (baby #2 due in May), installed new flooring in my entire house & spent more time being present and not buried in my electronics. Oh how hard that last one was! Now it's time to celebrate my professional success. 

Lithy.jpg

My Resolution: Submit a Lithy Dammit! This is the year my team shows all LiNC attendees why our Community rocks. Right, @ebroyles?

Trusted Contributor

My new year’s resolution is to increase our active users by 100% this year, it's ambitious but with all the Lithium tools at our disposal I'm confident it can be achieved! Personally I'm getting married this year, and look forward to spending my life with my best friend!

Honored Contributor

2015 was all about getting Workshop off the ground, now all my efforts in 2016 will be to help it grow from humble beginnings to a really vibrant community. We want it to be a place where everyone can learn to do it themselves. We want to help ignite imagination, foster D.I.Y. conversation and celebrate accomplishments.

My personal resolution is to be a better dad and a better husband. Always room for improvement there!

Honored Contributor

Over the past few years I've done lots of talking about a re-design but 2015 is not just the year of the Monkey, its the year of Community for me. This year "i will" deliver a fully responsive, vibrant community for my members where engagement is easy and seamless. I'll also be entering the 2016 Lithy Awards with a hope of taking home my 1st Lithy....

Honored Contributor

If you want to know my community resolutions, tune in to @#OnAirWithLithium next week! Cat Wink

My personal resolution is to have more fun this year! Cat Very Happy I already have a festival and a concert on the calendar. Hoping to plan a lot more! Cat Happy

200_s.gif

Trusted Contributor

Hi all, has the winner been chosen for this? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@SheenaK -- yes, the winner was announced here: Announcing our LiNC '16 Resolutions Contest Winner!

Trusted Contributor

Oh great, thanks @lilim!

Version history
Last update:
‎10-14-2016 04:15 PM
Updated by: