Public

Maia Q1 review

Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi there! 

Travis with the Maia team here and I wanted to take a moment to give an update on the cool things we’ve been doing with Maia. If you’re not familiar with who Maia is, they are Khoros’ virtual assistant. A bot that is designed to get you the help you need, when and where you need it within the Khoros ecosystem. 

MaiaStrongq1.gif

I bet you’re curious about what we’ve been working on, even if you’re not, you should be. There are so many cool things you can do with a chatbot, and we try to push the limits with what you could do with a minimal team. 

Last month was no exception, Introducing the Support Case Submission experience! Now you can submit support cases directly through Maia, all you need to do is open a chat with Maia by clicking on the icon in the lower right-hand corner and type “Open a Case”. Maia will then walk you through submitting a support case in a conversational manner. We think this will be a great alternative to submitting a case in the Case Portal. 

We’ve also improved other functions Maia performs for you, for example now when you use Maia to register for Atlas, they will programmatically give you Case Portal access as well. No more need to email the Support team to get this access. 

We’ve also leveraged the Khoros Care tag system to assign tags to Maia conversations when certain outcomes are achieved so we can better keep track of how helpful Maia is. 

Last quarter we gave you the ability to check on and escalate cases via Maia, we have added the ability to close the case as well this quarter. 

I also wanted to take a moment and point out that If you interact with Maia and the conversation is not productive or Maia is unable to help, please understand that Maia is still learning how to interpret the way humans talk. We monitor the conversations that did not go as planned and adjust Maia’s training accordingly. Chances are you will have a better experience the next time you interact with Maia. 

Thank you, 

Travis Berryhill

Lead Engagement Designer