Public

VIP Council - Giving back to the community

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

PaulGillihamProfilePaul Gilliham is Lithium's Director of Customer Marketing,  responsible for customer engagement marketing, social media and Lithium's own community, the Lithosphere.

He is a regular blogger for Lithium and in the Lithosphere you'll see him as PaulGi. You can follow him on Twitter at @lithosphere or @bladefrog

For those of you who attended LiNC earlier this year, you'll remember that as part of the event we recognized a group of individuals on the Lithosphere who were the most active and influential over the last year - the VIP Council. The full post about the VIP Council is here.

973i5ECFFD2B45D3DD8E

As part of the thank you for their contribution, the Lithium team donated funds on behalf of the VIP Council to a small charity based in Milwaukee, WI  - Global Visions Fund -  which specializes in giving direct assistance to non-governmental international charities in the form of supplies or financial contributions for specific programs and projects.

The projects that we donated to for the VIP Council were the building of two fresh water wells for Rael village in Cambodia.

Prior to the building of these wells, the village relied on four shallow wells that didn't provide clean water - as a consequence there was a high level of sickness in the village especially with children and the elderly.

This morning, Lynn Soli, the Managing Director of Global Visions sent me some photographs from the completed projects and wanted me to thank the team at Lithium and the VIP Council for their donation and making a real difference to the the people in this village.

I wanted to share those pictures with you all as well as the thank you from Lynn and the people of Rael village.

well N11.jpg So thank you to all the members of the council:

• Mark_Hopkins
  • Potential
  • jloyless
  • JohnnyJigsaw
  • Laura
  • Jason
  • LauraB
  • Mojoswift
  • ac
  • JuhisH

Your contributions extend far beyond just the Lithosphere and help with the quality of people's lives, not just the information they have at hand.

Tags (3)
5 Comments
Respected Contributor

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing and for picking out such a great cause to support on behalf of the VIP Council.

Honored Contributor

That is great news - thank you!

Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Awesome!

Honored Contributor

Paul,

This was such a great concept, and it's awesome to see in come to fruition.  Kudos man, kudos.

Mark

Not applicable

now THAT is making a big difference.  Hooray!!!