Khoros Community

Valued Contributor Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Allowing customer service team to share a view on Private Mesages

Does anyone have a good method for managing the following? 

Our CSRs are on a rota for Community - 1 person per day. 

As a bank we often have to ask users to Private Message some details so we can look their account up to resolve their issue/question (we don't have single sign on to our CRM & Community).

So CSR-Joe says to Customer-Doe, "Please PM me your DOB and Phone Number and I'll look into this for you." 

Problem is if Customer-Doe doesn't come back that day then that PM is stuck in CSR-Joe's inbox gathering dust. 

So CSR-Joe says something like, "Please PM me your DOB....and also include CSR-Jane and CSR-Bob."

Not great for the customer/user really. 

I'd thought we could set up a Team Profile linked to a Team Mailbox - meaning CSR-Joe could say, "Please PM CSR-Team your DOB..." and then anyone in the team could log-in as CSR-Team to retrieve that PM when they were on the rota.

Does mean people are sharing a profile, but we would limit it to just managing PMs - we could even remove some permissions etc so that was all they could do with that profile. 

Anyone have a better/alternative suggestion?

Cheers, Jamie.

7 Replies 7
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Allowing customer service team to share a view on Private Mesages

That was my first thought as well. Use a team email address that more folks have access to and set that up as a forum account so that PM notifications are being send there, and everyone can see it. Maybe there is a better way through LSW but I am no expert there.....

Good luck!
Learning from others and helping where I can!
Community Passionista!
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Wendy_S does seem the most logical way - for anyone else that has an idea, we don't use LSW, just Community. 

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor

We had a similar problem at my previous (support-based) community Jamie (@JMcJohnston). I'd suggest you have a shared email mailbox and when reaching out to customers via Private Message always request that the customer sends their details to the shared mailbox. Also, if you're not already doing it I would discourage members from sending PMs directly to your team - stressing to them that the best way to get a fast response is to always post on the community first.

Good luck,

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Hi

My suggestion may be a little overkill and defiantly going to cost you but have you considered LSW?

To truly operationalise your community you need a fit for purpose workflow tool and LSW consolidates PMs to staff, let's say agent 1 asks a customer to PM them, but leaves for the day. When the PMs that agent the PM is picked up by LSW and added to the open conversation for all support agents to see, agent 2 can then action and may ask for another pm, agent 3 could then come along and pick it all up where the other guys left off.

*LSW aka "response"

When you look at the cost per agent for this solution vs the increase in productivity it's a no brainier, I moved from sales force to LSW and had a 3X increase in productivity.

Good luck

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Valued Contributor

Thanks @JasonHill yeah they have a shared mailbox already so I've set them up an account linked to that. We don't have a problem with people sending PMs without posting - it's more initiated by us asking for personal details so we can look up their account. And @Fellsteruk I have used LSW (Response) in previous organisation so I'm well aware of the benefits! We're not there yet...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

I'm also considering this idea of a shared account that all moderators can log in to in order to action any customer PMs that have dropped in since last check. One downside I've thought of is that it wouldn't be possible to track which mods responded to which PMs in order to monitor productivity/responsiveness etc.  But then, I'm not sure how much of that can be tracked in LSI even when mods are logged in as themselves throughout their shift. 

Honored Contributor

Good luck with the journey to LSW, took me a while to get the company to transition from SFDC Smiley Happy 

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

0 Kudos