Khoros Atlas Logo

Esteemed Contributor Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Anyone have a User Acceptance Testing template they would be willing to share?

I searched all over the community but haven't found one as of yet. We will be moving to responsive in the coming months so there will need to be lots of testing of features and functions. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I was hoping Lithium or another customer may have a prebuilt document to ensure we check everything. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply 1

Re: Anyone have a User Acceptance Testing template they would be willing to share?

I know this is going to be your least-favorite answer, but...

I feel like communities are so personalized, UAT ends up being a process you have to build specifically for your community. What I do is take a snapshot of my webmap, write out basic acceptance criteria, and test a ratio of parent and child pages, by page type, until I have a personal level of comfort with deploying the work. Yes, it sounds miserable. Yes, it is miserable. Yes, it's something that makes my old SaaS Project Manager self get the willies, and no, it's not even remotely the way I'd run it on a more conventional system.

The reason I recommend unconventional is because communities aren't conventional. They're huge, they're disparate, and they're under-staffed. It'll be nobody's favorite task, but a webmap may be your best bet.

Ben Garves
THWACK Community
SolarWinds
0 Kudos