Khoros Community

Occasional Contributor tiffani
Occasional Contributor

Assigning badge for conference attendance

I am curious how others have rewarded members for offline engagement or interaction with your brand? I'm seeking tips on how to assign a specific badge to conference attendees. Currently, this is a manual path either by referring to a csv file or having members post in a dedicated forum. Again, still manual. As a Jive customer, I was able to conveniently assign a badge based on a user's interaction within a specific forum. Now that I've lost that option, I'm looking for solutions.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies 4
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Assigning badge for conference attendance

@tiffani,

This is already feasible.

Best way to assign badge to users who attended the conference by making a role.

1. Create new role of "xyz" conference.

2. Create "abc" badge that you want ot give it to users who attended the conference.

3. Add formula to this badge something like below:

user.role.name in ['xyz'] 

4. Add "xyz" role to user by import user role from community admin to selected users by username who attended this "xyz" role conference , or by manually one by one by going each user profile and assign new role "xyz" to them.

This will help them to get new badge, and assigned formula will give them new "abc" badge according to new criteria match with that formula for "xyz" role.

Hope this helps.

Do you know we work with Kudos and Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tiffani! The article Tips on creating manual badges based on offline events should help you with his. It walks you through how create badges for offline events based on a limited set of information (such as emails and first/last name). 

Occasional Contributor tiffani
Occasional Contributor

Thank you both. I've previously awarded the badge using a csv file import or creating a role then assigning the badge on the backend. I was curious if there was a less manual way to accomplish this. using a trigger within a category.

For example, I would add another rule to the badge creation process which would allow me to enter the forum name. From there, those who complete an action in that forum would automatically earn the badge. I will propose this in the ideation hub if it's not already there. 

Thank you both again. 

FireShot Capture 598 - McAfee Support Community - Community _ - https___community.mcafee.com_t5_bi.jpg

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @tiffani 

This is a great idea and I am making plans for members who have completed our learning courses as well as community champions. Not only do the badges reward, they give weight and trust to their comments. They will also get members who don't have the badge to ask: what is that, how do i get it?

Cheers,

Toby

Community Manager - Seismic Software