Khoros Atlas Logo

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Re: Ideas Rules on the Community

We are using the idea exchange and are looking to expand the functionality. Is there an option in the idea exchange to do batch processing to provide a status to similar ideas? Are you able to limit the number of kudos to an idea per company so you don't have 50 kudos for an idea from the same customer/company?

Danielle Beeken
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi Danielle (@dbeeken)

Unfortunately there's no batch processing in the idea exchange for updating status. It is a labour intensive process, but I feel its important to give every idea submitted an individual reply. Your customer has taken the time to submit their feedback, so its important to recognise that.

Unfortunately I can't think of any way to limit the amount of kudos from a particular group of users. Education might be the most effective tool - you could advise your customers that "campaigning" to flood particular ideas with votes is not permitted. 

Good luck, 

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with Jason on the individual responses. I had a habit of not only thanking the submitter for the idea but in many cases using it as an opportunity to gather further information or educate them on existing options. Since my start in ideation was as a participant I understand the importance of feeling like your idea is being given some thought even if the company doesn't choose to use it.
0 Kudos
Advisor
Advisor

Hi all,

I have a (new) question about this topic. 

We set a status for all the ideas received (more then 200!)

So we have some idea with staus "Done" other with status "We are working on it" and so on.

I don't know how extract the distribution of status. At the moment I manually calculate it (counting every status: 25 done, 31 working on etc) ....is there a function to do it in a simpler way? 

thanks

Simo

0 Kudos
Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

If I am understanding your request correctly, there is a Status component that appears in the right column of the Idea Exchange and will give you the current totals. If you don't have it on your Idea Exchange, perhaps someone removed it. But you can easily add it back through Studio. Just change the page from the page drop down to Idea Exchange Page. If you open the Ideas group on the left you will see the Idea Statuses component. Just drag it over and place it where you want it to appear. Save the change, check how it appears on stage and use the Versions tab to push it to Production.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
Honored Contributor

@SimoneM,

Just in addition to @RobbL's helpful response (which I'd certainly recommend implementing as it will help all users navigate and highlight how responsive you are) you might also like to enable exporting to CSV. You need to make a request with support if the feature hasn't yet been enabled on your community. 

There's documentation here about the feature - https://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Documentation-TKB/Admin-Guide-CSV-Search-Export/ta-p/37608

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Advisor
Advisor

Hi @JasonHill and @RobbL Thanks for your help.

Yep, probably someone from our agency remove the feature in IdeaExchange page. Just another queston: if I add this component the number of ideas/status it will be seen by all (customer and moderator) or can I enable it only for me as community manager? 

(I'd like to use it only as internal report)

thanks again

Simone

0 Kudos
Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

The out of the box component is visible to all. It would require a customization to make it visible based on role.

That said, showing your progress on Ideas submitted through use of the Status component can be valuable, particularly as a percentage get set to Implemented, since that status, or whatever you call it, represents the degree to which you are listening to your customers. However, if you are concerned that it will take a long time for any status to be applied, and that few would make it to implemented, I would consider carefully if a formal Idea Exchange makes sense. For it to be sucessful, you have to have the involvement of your product group from inception through daily functioning, and they have to be open to taking on some of the ideas submitted by your customers.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
Honored Contributor

@SimoneM

The Oracle is again right on the money. An idea exchange is all about tranparency. It is a very public window into how accountable your company is to its customers. It essentially demands that your company (the entire team) is "all in". If you are not ready for this kind of scrutiny and accountability, then I would also recommend you wait to implement (or remove it from your community if you have already begun). An idea exchange could damage your brand if it does not have widespread support from all key stakeholders.

Jason 

Generic1.jpg

Advisor
Advisor

yep, I agree with you...we started with IdeaExchange "totally open" but we recevide a lot of ideas we can not do (for tec/legal or budget reasons) so , after 2 months, we closed the section and reply to all users applying the status and with a short description why we can/can not do their ideas.

Now we are working on a restyling of this section and use it for collect idea and suggestion only about a specific topic (new product we will launch this year): the Community Manager will open the topic and involves users with survey or specific question about product feature.

Thanks for your suggestions

Simone

0 Kudos