Khoros Atlas Logo

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor MSlaybaugh
Occasional Contributor

Strategies for Tracking Roles?

Jump to solution

We are looking for a strategy to track roles and permissions, other than using a complicated spreadsheet. We have 2 employee roles, and at least 4 customer roles, each with different permissions. Our customers have different needs for product information and user forums, thus we have different roles to support their needs. 

Trying to keep track of the various permissions for each role is becoming quite complicated. It would be nice if we could generate a report from Lithium that listed all of the permissions for a role. I can find a wide variety of activity reports, but none that provide this level of structural detail.

Does anyone have any tips to share on this topic?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies 2
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Strategies for Tracking Roles?

Jump to solution

Hi @MSlaybaugh

I think we are with you on the strategy. I haven't seen a better way at this moment than tracking permissions through a spreadsheet.

Maybe it is possible through a database but still you need to put the information in and keep it up to date.

I am happy to share our spreadsheet with you, It is not complex, reasonable straightforward.

I had the feeling that someone already logged an idea on this topic but couldnt find anything other than this one here

http://community.lithium.com/t5/Product-Ideas/Manage-Permissions-across-All-Roles/idi-p/218180

Cheers

Wendy

Learning from others and helping where I can!
Community Passionista!
Occasional Contributor MSlaybaugh
Occasional Contributor

Re: Strategies for Tracking Roles?

Jump to solution

Hi @Wendy_S,

Thanks so much for your response!  I appreciate your offer to share your spreadsheet, but that isn't necessary. Ours works, it's just intensive to maintain.  I was hoping we could find another tracking method. Sigh Woman Sad

I also found the same post in Product Ideas, but thanks for pointing it out.

I hope Lithium considers providing a standard report in the future.

Regards,

Marsha