Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Another Issue Ongoing For Months (vanishing paragraphs)

This issue has also been reported by our forum admin. It was reported months ago. It may have been re-reported recently.

It's still not resolved.

This particular issue is one which affects all Lithium boards.

It's IE specific. When changing default font color, size, or family paragraph breaks disappear. They don't disappear everytime, but it's annoying when they do.

I discovered this back in March of this year.  It took me a while, but I experimented and discovered the causes of the disappearing breaks.

So far, Lithium has done nothing to fix this issue.

This post has plenty of pargragph breaks. I'm changing the color.

Changing the font color may not be necessary for everyone, but the community I post in has a silly light gray default color on a white background. It's difficult for some people to see easily. (Yes, I know the default color is NOT a Lithium issue. The powers that be at the forum have foisted it on us)

I used to change the font color in my posts to black, to make it easier for people to see. Sometimes I still do, but then I have to jump through hoops to get the breaks to remain by going to html editor and inserting the code for the breaks.

It's annoying to see a well composed post with breaks end up being one long paragraph.

When using Firefox or SeaMonkey, the issue does not happen. But as I stated in another post here, if it works correctly for those browsers, it should work correctly for IE.

THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE (we do have one poster who uses . to maintain the breaks when the font color is changed)

ScreenHunter_14 Oct. 18 10.26.gif

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We will work with management staff of the community in question on troubleshooting and resolving this issue ASAP. Stay tuned for updates!

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

This issue is an across the board problem. It's not specific to one community. It's happened in the community I post in, here, and Linksys.

I do hope this issue will be resolved quickly. We've been waiting on a fix for months.

One thing I did not mention: keeping the default font color and changing the size or font family will make the breaks disappear.

Highlighted

This issue has not been  resolved. How much longer will it take?

Highlighted

It has been a year since this issue was first reported to my community admin.

So far, no fix for this has been implemented.

"Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We will work with management staff of the community in question on troubleshooting and resolving this issue ASAP. Stay tuned for updates!"

I have stayed tuned, and there have been no updates.