Public
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Blank page when posting to Lithosphere using Google Chrome

I am finding that whenever I post a new thread to the Lithosphere discussion boards that after clicking the Post button I and taken to a page that only displays the page header, top navigation and the black patterned image, but nothing else - no actual comment.

I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome, 4.1.249.1064 (45376), on Windows XP. I've attached a screenshot.

Lithosphere-Chrome-blankpage.png
Steve Graff
MOTODEV
Motorola, Inc.
10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the heads-up. I have experienced this in Firefox 3.6.3 as well. I'll be sure to let the powers that be know. 🙂

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just had this happen to me as well in Firefox.  Haven't seen this happen in other Lithium communities (and our superusers haven't mentioned it); it may be unique to the Lithosphere.

Jason
Community Manager
Best Buy®
http://BestBuyUnboxed.com
http://jayysenn.com
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hi Steve - this is odd - I have seen it once or twice too with Chrome and FF. Will check the config, it's possible we are missing the 'show confirmation screen' setting.

Thanks for letting me know.

Paul Gilliham
Lithosphere CM / Director, Digital/Community Strategy

---

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the Thumb Up to show your appreciation!
Highlighted

All,

It's happened to me before - and it's happening pretty consistently today.  I'm running I.E. 7 for what it's worth....

In the past, if I just refreshed the page it all worked out...

In my case today, it's not a totally blank page after posting - the backgroun white and black loads, but the center portion with all the content remains blank white.  I can still see the bread crumb trail at the top...

UPDATE:  So right after I posted this message, it did it again so I took a screen shot attached below

Hope this helps...

Mark

Highlighted

Happening on FF 3.6.3 here.

Jane

Jane

Highlighted

I also experience this on Firefox 3.6.3.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, this has happened to me as well with every post running Firefox 3.6.3

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

FWIW, I only see this problem on the Lithosphere, but not on our community. Both sites are running 9.8.4, so there may be some CSS wonkiness at play.

Steve Graff
MOTODEV
Motorola, Inc.
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Working on this - looks like a little funkiness on the css side - thanks for all the info!

Paul Gilliham
Lithosphere CM / Director, Digital/Community Strategy

---

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the Thumb Up to show your appreciation!