cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Board View / Page : getting a little busy?

Hi All,

I have been staring at the board page view on my own community for a while and must admit that it is all feeling a litle busy. 

It seems that the lithosphere site is suffering from the same kind of problems as us. 

The screenshot below is a really good example of what I mean. There is so much information shown to a user, that there just isn't enough room for the most important part.... the subject title!

lithosphere.png

It should be relatively simple and benficial to push a lot of the information in this window into some form of mouse-over/click pop up window, which could greatly improve the ease of use of the forums. 

Cheers,

7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Can't argue that.  Thread titles should be the #1 important feature of the list, yet it's the first thing to get truncated, pushed to three lines, and ultimately becomes the most difficult to read.  Certainly the formatting for this layout can be improved.

Highlighted

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be passing this along through the proper channels.  🙂

Highlighted

Hi there. New to the forum. Is there an update on the Title length issue?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi Alyssa,

It sounds to me like your question may be in reference to a community other than the Lithosphere.  It may be best to follow up with your CSM on this topic.  

If you have entered a case on the issue, you can reply to your case and ask for an update.

Thanks and hope this helps!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

I wanted to come back to this thread and use this as an opportunity to show off a little! 🙂

We have been looking into different ways to help give our users access to more information while at the same time sliming down and simplifying the default experience.

During the course of this year, we plan on making use of some of lithium's new back end features, in particular the custom REST end points which I believe will make quite a difference!

Anyway,

We have used a combination of jQuery and REST API calls, to pull some of the column data into a 'tooltip' bubble on our forums. This is just a first step, but I think definitely opens up many great possibilities for improving the over all UI of the Lithium Platform. It would be awesome to see options for thiskind of functionality being brought into the core platform.

Check it out in action here:  http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Uncharted/bd-p/706

Cheers,

-Phil....

tooltipInAction.png
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Great custom CSS tooltip....

if you can share your code secret (code or something) it will be great Robot Embarassed

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I 2nd this one, we also use a preview of the thread on hover on my community but its still a little crowded. We actually removed the widgets on the right nav to make space but that didn't really work so added them back in.  To make more room for the subject title we have removed the lastest post date and author column and place it below the thread title which have given us much more room and make the board view look a little cleaner. 

Its currently in studio but we hope to push live tomorrow, just hoping our members like the new layout.. 🙂 

Stephen 

Stephen

Checkout some of the stuff i've built using the platform:

Community l Ideation l Blog l Product Hubs l Check & Report l Service Status 

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy