cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Create a new post from search

When you search for a topic and dont find it, I would like to be able to create a new post, idea or other community content directly from the search window instead of having to navigate back to the navigation menu and find where I wanted to post first

8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I think we had something like this in the old Skype Community... 🙂
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I would encourage you to add this to your community @allensmith81. Not too difficult, although it would be better if it was just part of the platform. 

We've done it on Workshop - see https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&...

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi @allensmith81

We've just added the option to add a new topic/idea to the Lithium Community straight from the search result page via a link to the "new post" form with the node selection enabled. Thanks for your suggestion and hope you make good use of it 😁

Khoros Best Practice until August 2019. Onwards posting as Claudius.
Learn how to master Khoros. Learn Best Practice in the Community Documentation
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Highlighted

When and where will I find it Mr C
Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

You can find it below the search result list:

New "Ask the Lithium Community" button below search resultsNew "Ask the Lithium Community" button below search results

Highlighted

@ClaudiusH– What do you mean by "We've just added the option to add a new topic/idea...via a link to the "new post" form with the node selection enabled" So is this a component that I need to place in my Search Results Page? Inputs on the same is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

It's a custom component we created. Not yet available as a pre-built component that you would just drop on your search results layout.
The logic that the custom components contains is to determine which type of search (message / user) is currently showing and also to point at the board that might be selected in the "location" search filter.

Highlighted

ok. Thanks for the explanation @ClaudiusH