cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

HTML Edit Box Shrunk To Almost Nothing

This happens in a community I frequent  only when using HTML to edit a post. It is normal size when composing a post.

It is so narrow that it is almost impossible to edit using HTML.  We reported this to our admin at least a year ago so he could report it Lithium.

Here is what it looks like.

comcast html edit.gif

It looks like this here in the Lithium forum, full size, functional and easy to use. So why are we at Comcast forums stuck with one that is useless?

Lithium HTML edit.gif

5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Hi there!  We do not currently have any cases open regarding this issue.  Could you please ask your Administrator or Community Manager to report it again?  Once that's been created, I'll take it over and ensure we figure out the issue.  

Thanks, 

Trey

Trey Waddell
Senior Project Manager, Services
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I've asked our admin to report the issue. Now I have to ask WHY does he have to be the one to report it?

It's an issue for us, I reported it, shouldn't Lithium deal with the issue without me having to get someone else to bring it to your attention?

Highlighted
Khoros Alumni (Retired)

Thank you!  I'll keep my eyes open for the case and I'll be sure to see it through resolution.  

I'll private message you to address the rest of your concerns.  

Thanks, 

Trey

Trey Waddell
Senior Project Manager, Services
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Aupinktoes,

As a manager of another community, here is my perspective.  I think you've done a great job in demonstrating the issue, and I would imagine your community admins would appreciate your feedback and screen captures which would help them submit a case to Lithium.  When some of my more trusted users report issues to me, and include specifics about when the issues occur, and provide screen captures, I find it extremely helpful and that it can accelerate the ability to get it resolved through a Lithium case which I, in turn, submit.

Some of my end users participate here in the Lithosphere and have submitted ideas, and have expressed their interests and concerns in forum discussion - for example,  concerning native community support for iphone and ipad functionality (we don't have mobile optimization feature deployed).  

With that in mind, to your question on why a case needs to be submitted by your admins...as I see it, the challenge is that the client company has the business relationship with Lithium and needs to formally submit the request because a request draws upon Lithium's resources and depending upon the number of cases open or other things the client wants done, will need to be prioritized.   It could create a conflict if Lithium were to actively accept and work direct requests from the general public (members of a client community)  that would have an impact (even a positive one) without the consent / request of the client.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Mark

Highlighted

Mark, you make good points that I didn't think of.

I'm just so frustrated about the issue and not being able to have a functional html editor.

With the updates and changes Lithium has done over the past few years, we had a long list of things that were buggy. One of them was the next-to-nothing html editor but I don't know if the admin at the time reported it. It may have gotten lost in the shuffle of all the other bugs and NOT reported.