cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Personal avatars

I uploaded my mouse avatar several days ago, but it's still not available for use.  How long does it take to get approved, and if it isn't, how will we be notified?

Thanks - Jane

Jane

7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

jloyless wrote:

I uploaded my mouse avatar several days ago, but it's still not available for use.  How long does it take to get approved, and if it isn't, how will we be notified?

Thanks - Jane

Hi Jane,

I checked your image gallery and didn't see any uploaded images. Can you try to uploade the image again?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

ScottD wrote:

I checked your image gallery and didn't see any uploaded images. Can you try to uploade the image again?

Done, however, I may need more specific instructions as these from your announcement do not match what I see on the screen in MyProfile/Icons.

Uploading your avatar icon:

1. Go to your public profile.
  2. Click View Gallery in the new Image Gallery section.
  3. Upload the desired image (optimal image dimensions are 60px by 60px, as images will be resized to fit).

There's no View Gallery link or Image Gallery section visible.  All that I see is the Add a Custom Icon section at the bottom of the Icons tab page which appears to work, however when I click on the link to "Click here to choose an icon from your image gallery", there's nothing there.

Thanks - Jane

Jane

Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

Hmm, the Image Gallery module should appear to the top right of your public profile (not the My Profile area). To get there, you can click on the link in your login name in the user bar (right next to the Logout link). Do you see the Image Gallery there?

Another way to get a new image into the gallery then is to upload an image to a post. But you would still need to be able to access images in your gallery to see the approval status.

If you are still having trouble accessing your image gallery, send me a private message and I'll investigate further.

Message Edited by ScottD on 11-10-2008 08:55 AM
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

ScottD wrote:

If you are still having trouble accessing your image gallery, send me a private message and I'll investigate further.

Found it and uploaded the image.

FWIW, that was very confusing.  Is there a reason the upload link is still on the Icons tab in My Profile if it's not functioning to upload images any more?  (For that matter, why would it have been moved from where we maintain everything else in our profile???)

Thanks - Jane

Jane

Highlighted

jloyless,

Your image is now approved.  It's adorable, by the way! 🙂

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

AubreyL wrote:

It's adorable, by the way! 🙂

Thanks!  I think the pink ears are particularly fetching - they enhance my beady little eyes and pink nose...  😉

Thanks for the help!

Jane

Jane

Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

re: where the image gallery exists: We placed it in the public profile because it can be used for more than just avatars - this is how you can now manage all images for your account wherever you post them.

But like all new features, I'm sure the interface could be improved. Smiley Happy If you have any suggestions (or just some feedback on the experience) I think that would make a great idea submission!